Governor Whitmer has issued Executive Order No. 2020-70. This order allows Real Estate professionals to begin working after the initial Stay At Home order. Specifically, under paragraph 10, section “h” it states the following…
“Effective at 12:01 am on May 7, 2020, workers in the real-estate industry, including agents, appraisers, brokers, inspectors, surveyors, and registers of deeds, provided that:
“1. Any showings, inspections, appraisals, photography or videography, or final walk-throughs must be performed by appointment and must be limited to no more than four people on the premises at any one time. No in-person open houses are permitted.
2. Private showings may only be arranged for owner-occupied homes, vacant homes, vacant land, commercial property, and industrial property.”
While the industry is getting back to normal there are still several precautions that need to be made. Mid-American Title will be following all regulated guidelines, and doing everything within our ability to make the closing process as safe, convenient, and enjoyable for everyone involved.
With that, we will continue to implement some of our current safety precautions, while adding a few additional.
- All office visits will still be by appointment only. Even though the offices are staffed, the doors will remained locked, and only opened for scheduled appointments. If you need to setup an appointment you can contact us here.
- Closings will continue to be scheduled at different times for different parties of the transactions. Only one party will be allowed in the office at any time, to ensure time for sufficient sanitizing between appointments.
- We will continue to utilize technology, and out of office closings whenever possible. This will include the options for digital document signing, video conferencing, and mail-out packets.
- Only individuals involved in the signing of documents will be able to attend the closings. We ask that anyone refrain from bringing additional family, friends, or guests that are not required for the closing process.
- We encourage all of our real estate professionals, including Realtors & Lenders to refrain from attending closings if possible. We do offer the ability to attend closings via remotely video conference.
- We encourage the use of a mask while inside the offices.
- If you have recently been traveling (including inside the US or State of Michigan), feel sick, or have been around someone who is sick, contact us to arrange a mobile/remote/mail-out closing.
Again, our goal is to achieve a safe environment for everyone, while maintaining our superior closing experience to which everyone is accustom. With your help and support, we can get our industry and market back on track for a great 2020!